The Hague Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Center
Join us for Starlets of Dance Presented by Beyond Boobs
November 13th at the Sandler Center
Ticket and Event Information
We are Norfolk's only accredited private operating room.
The Hague Center is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and is Norfolk's only private, accredited facility. Our caring and friendly staff strives for excellence and quality care for all our patients.The Hague Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Center is dedicated to helping you achieve and maintain the look you've always dreamed of. We specialize in plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery, breast augmentation, abdominoplasty, tummy tucks, face lifts, rhinoplasty, reconstructive procedures, eyelid lift, lip enhancements, breast reduction and breast lifts.
Don't forget to check out The Hague Medi-Spa. We have all the latest breakthrough skin rejuvenating products available including Obagi and different Obagi skin care systems.
Something for everyone..
Whether your a woman, man or teenager, we have the skin care solution for you!
Plastic surgery is a medical specialty that uses a number of surgical and nonsurgical techniques to change the appearance and function of a person's body. Plastic surgery procedures include both cosmetic enhancements as well as functionally reconstructive operations. In the former case, where aesthetics are considered more important than functionality, plastic surgery is also referred to as cosmetic surgery. Most procedures involve both aesthetic and functional elements.
The word "plastic" derives from the Greek plastikos meaning to mold or to shape; its use here is not connected with the synthetic polymer material known as plastic. Plastic surgeons typically mold and reshape the following tissues of the body: bone, cartilage, muscle, fat, and skin.
The basic goals of plastic surgery include the following:
• Correction of perceived disfigurement
• Restoration of impaired function
• Improvement of physical appearance
• During plastic surgery the following procedures are common:
Tissue may be moved to fill a depression, to cover a wound, or to improve appearance.
Tissue may be completely removed to alter the contours of a feature.
The benefits of plastic surgery may include:
• Correction of a congenital or acquired deformity
• Correction of a perceived physical imperfection
• Psychological benefits
Common techniques used in plastic surgery are:
• laser surgery
In plastic surgery the transfer of skin tissue (skin grafting) is one of the most common procedures. (In traditional surgery a graft is a piece of living tissue, organ, etc., that is transplanted.
• Autografts: Skin grafts taken from the recipient. If absent or deficient of natural tissue, alternatives can be:
• Cultured Sheets of epithelial cells in vitro.
• Synthetic compounds (e.g., Integra--a 2 layered dermal substitute consisting superficially of silicone and deeply of bovine tendon collagen with glycosaminoglycans).
• Allografts: Skin grafts taken from a donor of the same species.
• Xenografts: Skin grafts taken from a donor of a different species.
Usually, good results are expected from plastic surgery that emphasizes:
• Careful planning of incisions so that they fall in the line of natural skin folds or lines.
• Appropriate choice of wound closure.
• Use of best available suture materials.
• Early removal of exposed sutures so that the wound is held closed by buried sutures.